вторник, 4 июля 2017 г.

Havoc "Amado Lider"

Havoc "Amado Lider" (p)2017 Subterfuge
"The ideal pop music for the better world" - that's exactly what I wrote about "Lo Saben Los Narvales", the previous album of Pedro Gracia Perez de Viñaspre aka Havoc. It was released in 2014, and between now and then there was an event that consolidated my opinion on Havoc as one of the most promising indie musicians of the nation: his performance at Sonorama 2015. Back then in August 2015 there was the twinkle of miracle when I decided to escape from the show of Xoel Lopez (whom I really adore) to see Havoc whose show unfortunately coincided with Xoel's in the time schedule. That was one of those decisions you recall for years because Pedro and his band were undoubtedly amazing. So for me personally his new album was one the most anticipated records set to release in 2017.
Now I am happy to declare that my expectations were not in vain. “Narvales” were good but “Amado Lider” is the way better. The first thing I’d like to emphasize is that Pedro walks against the common trend and - while many of his peers are drifting from guitars to synths - he adds more guitars to the mix, thus creating one of the most intelligent noise pop albums I ever heard. Next thing to enjoy is the perfectly balanced sound production: it is clean and shiny, but it's not too polished to be considered overproduced. And, finally - this album consists of the great tunes composed with the precise pop feel. In the better world every single song on this album (with possible omission of "Oh, Master!") could be a hit.
A mandatory listen and one of the best records of the year.

P.S. "Sabotage" really knocked me off my feet.

The best tracks: Sera, Siberia, Cometas, Fluor, Sabotage


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий