четверг, 31 марта 2016 г.

Power Burkas "Llarga Vida Al Taranna"

Power Burkas "Llarga Vida Al Taranna" (p)2016 BCore Disc
A couple of weeks ago we were sitting on a couch in the hotel room in Barcelona. We were drinking wine and listening to the local radio station iCat.cat via the plasma TV set giving ourselves the rest after daylong walk through the streets of the beautiful city. There was a program called Songhunt on the radio, and there was some band presented in this program. This band caught my attention but I couldn't realize the name so I shazamed a track and discovered that the band's name was Power Burkas. Then I searched for the name in facebook and it was revealed to me that Power Burkas had just released their new album through the BCore Disc label. I was like 'Holy fuck, we've just visited BCore store, we've just visited Ultra-Local record store - I remember this sleeve, I saw this album in both stores! If I only knew, if I only learned of them before!'
The band delivers highly energetic and overtly melodic amalgamation of punk, power pop, hardcore and 1st wave emo. The full-throttle shout-outs ("Potser", "Atzucac" and "20") befriend slower tracks ("Senat", "Gerard Quintana") here along with growndbreaking numbers ("Miracles del Passat", "Pares Fills I Nets"). At their funnier side they remind me of the 90's independent combos such as Camber and Knapsack while at the most hard-punching moments you may recall Melvins or even Fudge Tunnel.
Overall, Power Burkas have managed to absorb the best features of the labelmates Cuello and Nueva Vulcano in adition to fellow countrymen Las Ruinas and Juventud Juche. The first contender to the Banda Revelacion prize of this year.

The best tracks: Sangoneres, Ferralla, La Missio De L'home Es Ser Patro, Miracles Del Passat

BUY/LISTEN on BCore Disc bandcamp page

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий